Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
About platelet rich plasma
We have the option of micro-needling or injections to apply a patient’s own platelet solution (PRP) for added growth factor. Great improvement can be seen with wrinkles, fine lines, post-acne scars, post-traumatic scars, surgery scars, skin resurfacing, and skin rejuvenation. It has been shown to increase cell proliferation by as much as 800%! This is the most effective treatment for the price. The most common areas treated are in the face, neck, chest, and hands.
What to Expect
The Process is - SAFE and Physiologically Active.
- Preparation is simple and quick and completed on our premises in the appointment time.
- It can be used in multiple areas for facial rejuvenation.
- Persons between the ages of 25 and 80 years are the most eligible candidates.
- Almost all skin tones show that the process is safe and effective because your own enriched plasma is used, but not all grades of wrinkling can be improved.
- Patient selection is important if predictable results are to be expected.
Post Treatment Instructions
- Do not touch, press, rub or manipulate the treated area (s) for at least 8 hours after your treatment.
- AVOID Asprin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve (all non-steroidal and steroidal anti-inflammatory agents), Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days - 1 week prior to and after your treatments. Remember, we are creating inflammation.
- If you experience discomfort or pain you may take Tylenol or other Acetaminophen products.
- You may apply ice if you wish to the injected area for 20 - 30 minutes after the procedure.
- Do not wash or take a shower for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
- Do not use any lotions, creams, or make-up for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
- AVOID vigorous exercise, sun, and heat exposure for at least 1 week after your treatment.
- AVOID Alcohol, caffeine, and cigarettes for 3 days before and after your treatment.
- Smokers do not heal well and problems recur earlier and results may take longer.
- Maintain a healthy diet and Drink at least 64 oz's water the day of the treatment (Fiji water is recommended due to its high content of Silica) continue water intake the first week after.
- It is normal to experience: bruising, redness, itching, soreness, and swelling that may last from 3 - 10 days following your procedure.
Please call our office should you have any questions or concerns regarding your PRP treatment or aftercare.
Side Effects of PRP Facial Rejuvenation
Side effects are Minimal: Generally, you can expect minimal swelling, bruising, and redness for 12-24 hours, but it may last longer. This is not a problem. All individuals heal at different rates.
Expectations for - PRP
- Results are visible at 3 weeks and improve gradually over ensuing months with improvement in texture and tone.
- Cosmeceuticals and Light therapies can enhance the results
- Advanced wrinkling cannot be reversed and a minimal improvement is predictable in persons with drug, alcohol, and tobacco usage.
- Severe scarring may or may not respond.
Learn more at https://drprpusa.com/prp-injection
Do NOT touch, press, rub or manipulate the treated area (s) for at least 8 hours after your treatment.